SHC is accepting applications for Temporary Worker. Currently looking for 1st
shifts; full-time and part-time positions available.
Candidates must be 18 years old and
possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Experience working in long-term care, behavioral health and/or geriatric health is preferred, but we are more than happy to train those who are interested in serving our special populations.
The Temporary Worker is responsible for performing daily tasks necessary to assist the facility with various operations during the COVID-19 emergency. A Temporary Worker is not a regular employee. The position will last only as long as supplemental staffing assistance is required due to the current COVID-19 emergency.
Qualified candidates require the ability to:
- Perform housekeeping tasks in order to assist with infection control practices. Examples include:
- Frequent sanitizing of doorknobs, handrails, light switches and other surfaces;
- cleaning wheelchairs;
- making beds.
- Provide guidance to patients as needed (i.e., escort to meals, redirect as needed).
- Assist with meal service.
- Enhance patient quality of life. Examples include:
- Helping to contact families/write letters/make phone calls;
- Play games;
- Get needed items within the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
SHC is an equal opportunity employer consisting of four separate and unique facilities. The Elms residence is a Medicare certified skilled nursing facility, specializing in rehabilitation services for individuals of all ages. The Pines provides individualized, intermediate care and programming for young adults with Acquired Brain Injuries. The Willows provides care and programming for individuals that require medical and mental health needs at both the intermediate and skilled levels. The Woods is one of the only designated specialized mental health rehabilitation facilities (SMHRF) in the state, providing a quality recovery program for the mentally ill.