SHC Woods is accepting applications for Mental Health Professional (MHP). Currently looking for full-time position, all shift hours with weekend rotation.
- In accordance with Illinois Administrative Code 132.25, must possess one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, education, vocational counseling, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or related human service field;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field not listed above with two years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health setting;
- Licensed practical nurse;
- Certificate of psychiatric rehabilitation from a DHS-approved program, plus a high school diploma or GED and two years experience in providing mental health services;
- Certified Recovery Support Specialist in good standing with the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association;
- Certified family partnership professional in good standing with the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association;
- Occupational therapy assistant with at least one year of experience in a mental health setting;
- Minimum of a high school diploma and five years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health or human services;
- Any individual employed as an MHP prior to July 1st, 2013 unless employment changes
- A minimum of one year of supervised experience working with persons with mental illness
- Candidate should enjoy working with this target population and have a good understanding of recovery-focused model in working with adults with mental illness
- Team oriented and well-versed in crisis management
As a Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility, SHC Woods provides Recovery-oriented, person-centered mental health services to ambulatory adults living with symptoms of mental illness and free of medically complex health conditions. Our facility provides holistic services with interdisciplinary teams consisting of social workers, mental health professionals, nurses, and other direct-care staff.
We offer a variety of programming, activities, therapeutic services and 24-hour supervision. Our residents are working on gaining and maintaining mental health stability and developing independence. Many move out of our facility and transition to independent living with community support.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Coordinate the Interdisciplinary Team in the development and effective implementation of the consumer’s Individualized Treatment Plan including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assess and evaluate consumer’s psychiatric rehabilitation service needs
- Develop, review, and modify the Treatment Plan in collaboration with the consumer and other Team members
- Make recommendations and referrals (both internally and in the community) for services identified on the Treatment Plan
- Ensure that the Treatment plan contains appropriate interdisciplinary approaches and measurable goals
- Educate consumers about community resources and programs; provide linkage as needed and encourage participation
- Track consumer progress related to Treatment Plan goals, document the effectiveness of the Plan and communicate findings to relevant parties (with Consent where needed)
- Provide one-to-one counseling with consumers on an ongoing basis
- Conduct psychosocial rehabilitation groups and complete all relevant documentation
- Assist consumers with discharge planning and help them prepare for transition
- Ensure physicians are notified of any sudden, marked, or adverse changes in symptoms or behaviors
- Complete all documentation in a timely and thorough manner
- Maintain professionalism and meet expectations related to consumer/facility interactions
SHC is an equal opportunity employer consisting of four separate and unique facilities. Benefits include medical/vision/dental insurance, life insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, and more!