SHC is accepting applications for Activity Assistant. Currently looking for 1st shift position.
Candidates must be 18 years old and
possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Experience with activities, event planning, or teaching preferred. Experience working in long-term care, behavioral health and/or geriatric health is preferred, but we are more than happy to train those who are interested in serving our special populations.
Qualified candidates require the ability to:
- Provide a variety of activities while offering popular programming on a recurring basis to maintain the interests of participants.
- Facilitate activities that are culturally competent and celebrate a variety of ethnicities, holidays, and cultural backgrounds.
- Adhere to a daily activity calendar and post in common areas throughout the facility.
- Obtain resource materials for conducting assigned activities, including arranging transportation and supervision where required.
- Encourage socialization and one-to-one relationships between patients.
- Encourage hobbies and provide supplies.
- Encourage those who wish to participate in religious activities to attend services (both in the facility and in their own place of worship when possible), spiritual readings, prayer meetings, and visits with clergy.
- Encourage interest in music through entertainment groups, sing-alongs, recitals, and talent shows.
- Maximize patient involvement in activities by providing reminders, escorts, personal invitations, and transportation.
- Create a festive and welcoming environment by collaborating with patients to decorate and enhance the facility; prepare and ensure availability of allocated space in accordance with the planned activity.
- Complete and submit attendance sheets and other documentation for all activities.
SHC is an equal opportunity employer consisting of four separate and unique facilities. The Elms residence is a Medicare certified skilled nursing facility, specializing in rehabilitation services for individuals of all ages. The Pines provides individualized, intermediate care and programming for young adults with Acquired Brain Injuries. The Willows provides care and programming for individuals that require medical and mental health needs at both the intermediate and skilled levels. The Woods is one of the only designated specialized mental health rehabilitation facilities (SMHRF) in the state, providing a quality recovery program for the mentally ill. Benefits include medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, and more!