SHC is accepting applications for housekeepers.
Candidates must be 18 years old and
possess at a minimum, an eighth-grade education. One year of housekeeping/laundry experience is required. Experience working in long-term care, behavioral health, and/or geriatric health is preferred. Still, we are more than happy to train those interested in serving our special populations.
Qualified candidates require the ability to perform daily housekeeping/laundry tasks as assigned including, but not limited to, the following:
- Clean/dust/polish furnishings and fixtures in rooms and assigned common areas.
- Clean, wash, sanitize/polish bathroom fixtures.
- Sweep, dust, mop, strip, wax, buff, and disinfect floors. Ensure that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up to perform such tasks.
- Wash, wipe dust and clean all walls and ceilings, and non-carpeted floors.
- Discard trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacles with a plastic liner.
- Work with patients to maintain their living area in a safe and clean condition.
- Clean and maintain housekeeping equipment.
- Ensure that work areas are clean and equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored at all times.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding universal precautions and perform all infection control housekeeping/laundry tasks in accordance with such procedures.
SHC is an equal opportunity employer consisting of four separate and unique facilities. The Elms residence is a Medicare-certified skilled nursing facility, specializing in rehabilitation services for individuals of all ages. The Pines provides individualized, intermediate care and programming for young adults with Acquired Brain Injuries. The Willows provides care and programming for individuals that require medical and mental health needs at both the intermediate and skilled levels. The Woods is one of the only designated specialized mental health rehabilitation facilities (SMHRF) in the state, providing a quality recovery program for the mentally ill. Benefits include medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, and more!