SHC is accepting applications for Dietary Aide.
Candidates must be 18 years old and
possess at a minimum, an eighth-grade education. One-year food service experience required. Experience working in long-term care, behavioral health and/or geriatric health is preferred, but we are more than happy to train those who are interested in serving our special populations. Current food safety handler’s certification is preferred and will be required for employment.
Qualified candidates require the ability to perform a variety of dietary functions including food preparation and service, dishwashing, cleaning, sanitizing, and food/supply storage, such as:
- Obtain food and supplies from storage areas.
- Prepare food and drinks in accordance with the daily menu as well as any special physician prescription.
- Maintain food and supply storage area in a clean and organized manner.
- Date, label, and store prepared foods.
- Serve food in accordance with established procedures, including portion control, palatability, and pleasing appearance.
- Set up and assist with meetings, parties, and special events.
- Replenish condiments, food, and drink.
- Wash dishes, flatware, glasses, trays, serving utensils, pots and pans.
- Wash and disinfect counters, prep area, steam tables, cold food areas, sinks, and disposals.
- Sweep and mop floors in kitchen and storage areas.
- Remove grease and trash, and place in designated areas for service pickup.
SHC is an equal opportunity employer consisting of four separate and unique facilities. The Elms residence is a Medicare certified skilled nursing facility, specializing in rehabilitation services for individuals of all ages. The Pines provides individualized, intermediate care and programming for young adults with Acquired Brain Injuries. The Willows provides care and programming for individuals that require medical and mental health needs at both the intermediate and skilled levels. The Woods is one of the only designated specialized mental health rehabilitation facilities (SMHRF) in the state, providing a quality recovery program for the mentally ill. Benefits include medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, and more!