SHC is accepting applications for Activity assistant. Currently looking to fill 1st snd 2nd shift position.
Candidates must be 21 years old and
possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. A good driving record is required. Experience with activities, event planning, or teaching preferred. Experience working in long-term care, behavioral health, and/or geriatric health is preferred, but we are more than happy to train those who are interested in serving our special populations.
Qualified candidates require the ability to:
- Provide a variety of activities while offering popular programming on a recurring basis to maintain the interests of participants.
- Facilitate activities that are culturally competent and celebrate a variety of ethnicities, holidays, and cultural backgrounds.
- Adhere to a daily activity calendar and post in common areas throughout the facility.
- Obtain resource materials for conducting assigned activities, including arranging transportation and supervision where required.
- Encourage socialization and one-to-one relationships between patients.
- Encourage hobbies and provide supplies.
- Encourage those who wish to participate in religious activities to attend services (both in the facility and in their own place of worship when possible), spiritual readings, prayer meetings, and visits with clergy.
- Encourage interest in music through entertainment groups, sing-alongs, recitals, and talent shows.
- Maximize patient involvement in activities by providing reminders, escorts, personal invitations, and transportation.
- Create a festive and welcoming environment by collaborating with patients to decorate and enhance the facility; prepare and ensure availability of allocated space in accordance with the planned activity.
- Complete and submit attendance sheets and other documentation for all activities.
Benefits include medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, and more!