SHC is accepting applications for PRSA – Psychosocial Rehabilitative Services Associate. Currently looking for 1st
shift; full-time position available.
Candidates must be 18 years old and
possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Experience with teaching psychosocial or life skills groups preferred. Experience working in long-term care, behavioral health and/or geriatric health is preferred, but we are more than happy to train those who are interested in serving our special populations.
Qualified candidates require the ability to:
- Be thoroughly familiar with the protocols, lesson plans, and resource materials for each assigned group.
- Make certain that the group area is prepared and that all necessary supplies are present prior to the start of group.
- Create an interactive environment that is cheerful and conducive to group attendance and consumer participation.
- Facilitate assigned group utilizing existing lesson plans, resources, and creative ideas relevant to subject matter.
- Ensure consumer attendance at assigned groups.
- Follow up with individual consumers when a problem with attendance is noted and report concerns to the Psychosocial Program Director.
- Complete group notes in a timely manner including a description of the material presented, the consumer’s response, and staff recommendations.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings as assigned and provide relevant information related to consumer participation and response to programming. Offer suggestions for program referrals related to consumer goals and observed need.
SHC is an equal opportunity employer consisting of four separate and unique facilities. The Elms residence is a Medicare certified skilled nursing facility, specializing in rehabilitation services for individuals of all ages. The Pines provides individualized, intermediate care and programming for young adults with Acquired Brain Injuries. The Willows provides care and programming for individuals that require medical and mental health needs at both the intermediate and skilled levels. The Woods is one of the only designated specialized mental health rehabilitation facilities (SMHRF) in the state, providing a quality recovery program for the mentally ill. Benefits include medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, and more!