SHC is accepting applications for HCA – Healthcare Assistant. Currently looking for 1st
shifts; full-time positions available.
Candidates must be 16 years old and
possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. One-year of direct patient care experience required. Experience working in long-term care, behavioral health and/or geriatric health is preferred, but we are more than happy to train those who are interested in serving our special populations.
Qualified candidates require the ability to:
- Provide both formal and informal interactions with residents in a friendly, therapeutically appropriate, and helpful manner.
- Assist residents with non-direct care activities of daily living, i.e. room upkeep, making and changing bed linens, getting towels/linens for patients, passing ice/water.
- Measure and record residents’ temperature and weights as requested and instructed; document and report findings to the Nursing Department.
- Provide prompts, reminders, and escorts when needed as well as in accordance with patients’ Individualized Treatment Plans.
- Assist at mealtime with menu selection (considering prescribed dietary orders), escort patients to the dining area and provide after-meal care when required.
- Monitor resident behavior and provide any needed assistance.
- Answer call lights and help communicate with appropriate staff.
- Assist with oversight of managed smoking program.
- Assist with groups and activities as requested.
- Complete documentation as required.
SHC is an equal opportunity employer consisting of four separate and unique facilities. The Elms residence is a Medicare certified skilled nursing facility, specializing in rehabilitation services for individuals of all ages. The Pines provides individualized, intermediate care and programming for young adults with Acquired Brain Injuries. The Willows provides care and programming for individuals that require medical and mental health needs at both the intermediate and skilled levels. The Woods is one of the only designated specialized mental health rehabilitation facilities (SMHRF) in the state, providing a quality recovery program for the mentally ill. Benefits include medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, and more!