SHC is accepting applications for Transportation CNA. Currently looking for full-time, Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm (hours may vary due to the time of resident scheduled appointments).
Candidates must be 18 years old and possess and maintain a current and unrestricted Illinois CNA Certification. Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License with good driving record. Experience working in long-term care, behavioral health and/or geriatric health is preferred, but we are more than happy to train those who are interested in serving our special populations.
Qualified candidates require the ability to:
- Drive residents to and from doctor appointments
- Pick up new admissions from place of residence, facility or hospital (some traveling will be involved)
- Stay with residents on appointments
- Perform routine care tasks and give simple nursing care to patients when not transporting patients
- Understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
- Make observations and record properly in appropriate records
- Be courteous and professional at all times
- Maintain confidentiality
- Always ensure and promote resident dignity
SHC is an equal opportunity employer consisting of four separate and unique facilities. The Elms residence is a Medicare certified skilled nursing facility, specializing in rehabilitation services for individuals of all ages. The Pines provides individualized, intermediate care and programming for young adults with Acquired Brain Injuries. The Willows provides care and programming for individuals that require medical and mental health needs at both the intermediate and skilled levels. The Woods is one of the only designated specialized mental health rehabilitation facilities (SMHRF) in the state, providing a quality recovery program for the mentally ill. Benefits include medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, and more!